img responsive

Family law addresses some of the most painful and complex issues that most people will face during their lifetimes. Relationships, parenting, community, finances, comfort and culture can play powerful roles in the conflicts that may call for the involvement of an attorney.

As with other important matters, having the right legal representation can make a huge difference in the outcome of your divorce case or other family law issue. Our attorneys can provide it.

Resolving Complex Family Law Matters

The law firm of Eisenmenger, Robinson, & Peters, P.A., serves clients in and around Brevard County, Florida. Equipped with excellent knowledge of Florida family law, decades of civil trial experience, and a big-picture perspective, we can assist you with legal matters related to:

  • Divorce/dissolution of marriage
  • Division of assets such as real property, business interests, investments, and retirement assets
  • The tax ramifications of divorce
  • Spousal support, which may be ordered on a temporary, long-term, or permanent basis
  • Child support, which is dictated formulaically, with certain caps, by Florida statute
  • Child custody and parenting time, which can be a contentious issue for divorcing couples and parents who were never married
  • The modification of standing court orders related to support, custody or other issues

Every family law case is different, but most are resolvable. Unless opposing counsel is intent on dragging out your case, our lawyers can help you obtain a fair resolution to your family law matter through a variety of means.

Contact Us

We can answer your questions about divorce, property division, custody, and other pivotal matters. Contact Eisenmenger, Robinson, & Peters, P.A.


The overwhelming majority of Family Law cases involve a dissolution of marriage.  Florida is a “No Fault” dissolution state, which means the only grounds a spouse needs to end a marriage is that the marriage is irretrievably broken.  Say those words under oath before a Judge, and the marriage ends. When people talk about uncontested and contested dissolution of marriage cases, it’s not whether the marriage ends that is being contested.  What is contested is where do the children sleep at night and who gets what in the way of assets, money and debts.

The practice of family law should not be where lawyers go to when they cannot do anything else.  In many of the cases we are involved in, there are complex business valuation issues, tax issues and corporate/business issues regarding retained earnings.  A skilled family law attorney understands the issues and can question a business valuation expert, a real property appraiser or a certified public accountant concerning the disputed facts and opinions presented in a family case involving high incomes and substantial assets.

Mark S. Peters has represented parties in family law cases involving millions of dollars of assets and annual income.  The law firm has contracted with experts, who can render supportable opinion testimony that Judges can accept.  The firm’s approach is to not assert any position in settlement that cannot be presented to a Judge in good faith.  This pragmatic philosophy allows our clients to focus on important obtainable goals, rather than establish goals that are neither obtainable or make any sense.  All family law clients need to be told the reality of their situation, which is not always what they want to hear.

In 2013, Mark Peters tried a multi day dissolution trial, where the wife’s attorneys charged her more fees in one month than Mr. Peters’ client was charged for the whole case.  Clients’ cases need to be worked on, but no work should be done unless it is necessary and is of benefit to the client and/or the minor children.

When hiring a family law attorney, ask them about their experience in handling complex financial issues.  Learn how they approach alimony issues, when representing the paying spouse and the receiving spouse.  Ask your prospective attorney to help you establish realistic goals that are obtainable, if you have to go to Court and try your case.